Saturday, October 8th
Coffee and Donuts
House Corporation Meeting
Charitable Foundation Meeting
I wanted to quickly recap several items from our Chapter Meeting
at Homecoming. We had about 25 attendees, a little lighter than normal, but
great conversation. Following are some highlights:
- JC Rucker, the current president of the house,
spoke to the group about current activities including recruiting/rush.
The men realize that this is a critical year.
They have 14 members and Ĺ of them will graduate this year.
JC thanked alumni for all of the support provided.
- Ian McNally updated the group on several of the chapter meetings
that he attended; highlighting the spirit and brotherhood displayed by
Ian said that he believes it would be beneficial for alumni
to attend chapter meetings to provide some much needed guidance that
appears to be missing. Below is the sign up
schedule for this group to review and hopefully put on their schedule.
Chapter meetings are now on Tuesday nights at 7:30.
- We had a very positive and spirited discussion regarding recruiting.
We need to be outgoing to get out with the Freshman and
Upperclassmen to personally meet and befriend these young men to get
them to want to be an active member of Beta Theta Pi.
- Pledge/Social dues Ė Many actives and prospective Betas have
financial issues. We donít want to create an issue with hand-outs, but
if you have quality young men that have financial issues, donít hesitate
to Rush them. We will find the money for quality young men that will
become great Betas.
- A sub-group of Alumni will conference to discuss our ideas and
actions that will help the young men.
- Dean Lesiak updated the group on CF status; $1.8+ million in our
- Vince Mikolay was unanimously approved as the fifth member of the CF
board of directors. Congratulations Vince.
- Ted Kaczorowski provided a house update.
Sam Downes has become a
member of the House Corporation board of directors.
Carpet installed in all bedrooms.
Quotes to replace boilers being received.
Status of shingled roof investigated by Ted and Sam Downes.
- Deno Emili provided a financial update for the House Corp and Psi
HC balance is approximately $17K, which does not include any
money owed by the college for first semester rents.
Psi Diamond balance is totally depleted.
We have not made a formal appeal for contributions for close to two
We need to publish a newsletter with an appeal as we have in the past.
Iím asking that any members of the admin team that can make a
contribution to send a check to Deno Emili at this time. During the
month ahead we will work to get a newsletter out with an appeal.
- Follow-up on the Scholarship process for this semester and the
Mentoring program. Let the men know that
applications will be coming and to talk these programs up in Rush
- We also had an update on the progress at the college from Scott
Miller and Sven de Jong.
Highest attendance, 1100 students, since 1976.
Financial issues plague many of the students.
We will have a meeting in the coming month to follow-up but these were
Bottom line is these men need our help and guidance. Please do whatever
you can to support them and Psi Chapter.
Doug Miller '#1075 '77
President, Psi Chapter Diamond Association, Inc.